Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Waiting by the Phone


Wow, Tuesday got away from me too! I forgot to post yesterday, but here we are again.
On Monday, I put in a call to my local Junior High School, saying I wanted to talk to somone about starting a reading mentorship group for boys. The receptionist was very nice and said she would find someone to call me back. Crickets. It's only been two days and I assume someone will call with interest -- a teacher or a librarian. So we'll see where that goes.
In the meantime, I found out that the Hennepin County Library holds a Guys Read (see John Sciezska's site Guys Read) group once a month on Saturday. But I'm busy every Saturday afternoon, so that's a no-go for me. I'll keep making calls and see what shakes loose.
My goal for next Tuesday is to check with the library about starting another club. Then I'll take it from there.
Blog at you next Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris, if you're ever interested in facilitating a Guys Read group at Hennepin County Library, let me know! We are beginning to recruit facilitators for the summer. You can email me at amcnally@hclib.org